Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    KZN nurse suspended after patient assault caught on camera 

    August 19, 2026

    March and March calls on SADC countries to ‘fetch their people’ from South Africa

    August 18, 2026

    SADC leaders discuss migration crisis behind closed doors as anti-illegal immigration protests continue

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    • News
    • Features
    • Sports
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    Credible SourceCredible Source
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News

      KZN nurse suspended after patient assault caught on camera 

      August 19, 2026

      March and March calls on SADC countries to ‘fetch their people’ from South Africa

      August 18, 2026

      SADC leaders discuss migration crisis behind closed doors as anti-illegal immigration protests continue

      August 18, 2026

      MKP announces party leader’s son as new Deputy President

      August 5, 2026

      Residents accuse eThekwini Municipality water tanker drivers of selling water to community

      August 4, 2026
    • Features
    • Sports
    • Entertainment
    • Reviews & Opinion

      The Madlanga Commission: Exposing Cracks in the South African Judicial System

      October 31, 2025

      Lax immigration laws encourage lawlessness in South Africa 

      October 26, 2025

      Ubuntu on life support: SA government’s silence on the illegal immigrants’ crisis fuelling hate

      October 24, 2025

      Content monetisation worsening state of misinformation on social media

      October 16, 2025

      Education is a right, not a reward for the affluent

      October 16, 2025
    • Photo Gallery
    • Videos
    • Contact
    Credible SourceCredible Source
    Home»News»KZN nurse suspended after patient assault caught on camera 
    News

    KZN nurse suspended after patient assault caught on camera 

    crediblesourceBy crediblesourceAugust 19, 2026Updated:August 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    A nurse at King Dinuzulu Hospital pointing at a patient she was filmed assaulting. Image: Screenshot
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    By Nokwanda Ncwane

    The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health has placed a nurse on precautionary suspension after she was filmed allegedly assaulting a patient at King Dinuzulu Hospital.

    The video, which has been widely circulated on social media, appears to show the nurse striking the patient in the face while making inappropriate remarks.

    The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health condemned the incident, saying the conduct shown in the video was completely unacceptable, violated the core values of the healthcare system and would not be tolerated under any circumstances.

    KZN Department of Health spokesperson Nathi Olifant said the department acted decisively after becoming aware of the video.

    Olifant said the nurse had been placed on precautionary suspension with immediate effect pending a full internal investigation.

    “The department is investigating this specific conduct as a matter of urgency,” he said.

    “Corporal punishment has no place in our facilities, and we are committed to ensuring that all patients are treated with the dignity, respect, and care they deserve.

    “We assure the public that we are taking this incident seriously and will ensure that appropriate disciplinary action is taken once the investigation is concluded.”

    The department said the investigation would determine the circumstances surrounding the incident and inform any further disciplinary action.

    The incident is not the first reported case of violence involving patients or healthcare facilities in KwaZulu-Natal.

    In 2024, a nurse at Empangeni Clinic was allegedly attacked by a female psychiatric patient.

    In 2023, a 13-year-old boy was filmed being assaulted while lying in a hospital bed at Ladysmith Hospital. Two security guards were allegedly involved in the incident.

    The same year, a video showing a security guard allegedly fighting with a patient on the premises of Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital was widely circulated on social media.

    In 2021, a psychiatric patient at Estcourt Hospital was also recorded being beaten by a security guard.

    The incidents have raised concerns about the safety and treatment of both patients and healthcare workers at public health facilities, as well as the need for appropriate security measures and accountability when allegations of violence arise.

    durban featured kwazulu-natal KZN Department of Health
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    crediblesource
    • Website

    Related Posts

    March and March calls on SADC countries to ‘fetch their people’ from South Africa

    August 18, 2026

    SADC leaders discuss migration crisis behind closed doors as anti-illegal immigration protests continue

    August 18, 2026

    Sekhukhune signs six players from the Dr BV Mthethwa Mayoral Tournament in Mfolozi

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks
    Top Reviews
    9.1

    By crediblesource
    8.9

    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Review: the New King of Android Phones

    By crediblesource
    8.9

    Xiaomi Mi 10: New Variant with Snapdragon 870 Review

    By crediblesource
    Advertisement
    Demo
    Credible Source
    Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
    • Home
    • Sports
    • Reviews & Opinion
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version